BLOG – Top Tips for hot weather days out!
So it’s not just hot, its hot hot hot! We’re all feeling it and we hardly need to watch the weather forecast to know what to wear each day. In fact, even a summer wardrobe isn’t cutting it right now, we need to be living in swimwear close to a paddling pool!
Our top tips might just help keep your sanity.
- Frozen bottles of water. We use them all over the farm to keep our animals cool, they love to lie against them, they work really well for us too, frozen squash that melts throughout the day is ideal as part of a picnic.
- Visit somewhere with shady areas, the sun is lovely in short bursts but we all need some respite and it’s especially important for young children. At Godstone Farm you can take a trip around the farm trail but also take shade in the Playbarn or Wiglets Play Village, plus sit in our many shady areas in the outdoor play areas. We have heaps of extra activities over the summer too, you can take part in Festival on the Farm and there’s many things undercover such as crafts and messy play.
- Get great value for money! So it might be super hot and the kids get tired early – no problem, take advantage of spring back. If you’re visiting us then you can buy a ticket to come back again this summer holiday for the reduced rate of £6 per adult and child over two (£2 for children aged 1-2 years)
- Take the risk if rain is forecast. With our Rainy Day Guarantee you’ll get a FREE visit to come again in the summer holidays if it ends up being a rainy day. *Terms apply.
- Have a treat! With our new range of iced coffees and fruit coolers, plus a variety of flavours of Marshfield Farm ice cream you can indulge and relax while the kids play and explore.
This summer feels like a real summer!